Search the Archive
|Archive reference number||NGA35/1/2|
Wartime Storage: Threats to Storage Environment
File containing typescript and manuscript correspondence concerning wartime plans and other military events which affected the buildings and locations in which the pictures were stored.
[File formerly known as Miscellaneous, numbers 4a-4f in Davies's index. 4a missing at time of cataloguing]
1. Seven letters between Davies and William Pettigrew Gibson [Keeper] concerning the proposal to install an Observer Corps at Caernarvon Castle. 14 August - 13 November 1940
2. Two letters between Davies and William Pettigrew Gibson concerning a proposal to install a machine gun in the College at Bangor. 21 November - 26 November 1940
3. Four letters between Davies and William Pettigrew Gibson concerning a proposal to use part of Penryn Castle for the Ministry of Aircraft Production. 14 May - 29 May 1941
4. Three letters between Major Temple Richards (in charge of works at Manod Quarry) and Captain Matthews (Quarry owner) demanding improvements to the conditions in the quarry. 12-13 March 1941
5. Six letters between Davies and E. Batch (Ministry of Works) concerning the fall of rocks in Manod Quarry with a report of recommendations for environmental improvements by Halcrow and Ritson. 21 November 1942 - 12 March 1943.
|Alternative reference numbers||NG33/2|