Search the Archive
Search the National Gallery Archive containing records of the Gallery's activities from its foundation in 1824 to the present day. Find out more about the National Gallery Archive.
|Archive reference number||NGA27/33/10|
Miscellaneous Agnew Records: Catalogue, Prints, Corrigenda, Correspondence, and Portraits
|Date||8 May 1844-29 Apr 1983|
A collection of miscellaneous records pertaining to Thos. Agnew & Sons containing:
- Exhibition Catalogue "A Century of Print Publishing: 1817-1917" held at Thos. Agnew & Sons Ltd (15 Mar-29 Apr 1983)
- Engraving of "Thos. Milner Gibson" (Drawing by C.A. DuVal, engraved by S.W. Reynolds, 8 May 1844)
- Print of "Jugement de Paris" ("G. Guillon le Thiere, P. Rome, 1812, Pinelli incise") from the Original Picture now Exhibiting for Sale at Mr. Zanetti's Gallery, Manchester
- An Introduction to a "Series of Engravings illustrative of the Lake Scenery of England, executed on a scale commensurate with the interest and importance of the original paintings"
- Copies of the Corrigenda for an Agnew publication (likely one of their Anniversary volumes)
- Correspondence from Madeline Clifton to Geoffrey Agnew (1973-1975)
- Copy of a portrait of Paul Mellon by David Wyck (with George Stubbs' "Zebra" in the background)
- Copy of a portrait of "H.M. the Kaiser", signed by two individuals (one being P.A. Lazlo)
Your list will only be saved temporarily. Inactivity of more than an hour could result in the loss of your list. If you would like to keep a record of your list, we suggest you email it to yourself.
Your list of records will be sent to us if you request an appointment, and a summary will be included in your appointment email notification.