These two saints come from a polyptych (altarpiece consisting of several panels) in the parish church of S. Giorgio in Porto San Giorgio. They were presumably on the left-hand side (they face right) of the bottom tier (on account of their size and angle of view). They are probably linked with a central 'Virgin and Child' (now Washington, National Gallery of Art), and a 'Saint George', the name saint of the church, (now Boston, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum). All are dated to 1470, early in Crivelli's career. This work shows Crivelli's ornate early style.