Search the Archive
Search the National Gallery Archive containing records of the Gallery's activities from its foundation in 1824 to the present day. Find out more about the National Gallery Archive.
|Archive reference number||NGA27/27/6|
C. Morland Agnew Travel Diary: The Continent
|Date||1 Aug-20 Sep 1871|
The personal diary of Charles Morland Agnew's tour to the continent with his family (1 Aug-20 Sep 1871). He records his impressions of their travels, and lists the initials of his fellow travellers as follows:
- W.A. [William or Walter Agnew?]
- M.A. [Mary Agnew née Kenworthy; please note Morland's mother is referred to as Mamma within the diary, so these initials may refer to another individual]
- A.A. [Albert or Alice Agnew?]
- G.W.A. [George William Agnew]
- C.M.A. [Charles Morland Agnew]
- C.M.A. [Caroline Mary Agnew]
Your list will only be saved temporarily. Inactivity of more than an hour could result in the loss of your list. If you would like to keep a record of your list, we suggest you email it to yourself.
Your list of records will be sent to us if you request an appointment, and a summary will be included in your appointment email notification.