Archive reference number
A series of volumes and documents recording valuations and policies issued to clients by Thos. Agnew & Sons for probate, and prior to or following sales. These records are usually indexed by the owner of the valued property. For ease of reference, they have been loosely catalogued as follows:
- NGA27/12/1: Valuations Book, 1888-1898;
- NGA27/12/2-11: Valuations Books 5-13[a], c.1884-1902;
- NGA27/12/12-13: Valuations Books [14-15], 1919-1950;
- NGA27/12/14-15: Manchester Valuations Books 1-2, 1898-1925
- NGA27/12/16: Uncatalogued, late 19th-early 20th centuries
- NGA27/12/17: Valuations of property belonging to the Agnew family, 1872-1980
- NGA27/12/18: Probate Valuation: the Estate of Ninth Baron Wharton, 1969-1989
- The information contained within this series may overlap with that recorded in the "Letter Books" (refer to NGA27/11 for more information).
- Minute Book 7 (NGA27/19/7) notes the following on Tuesday 16th June 1964: It was agreed that in future all letters containing offers by the Company to purchase pictures etc, to be filed in the valuations file.
- For more general information about the Agnew's archive as a whole, refer to the description at NGA27.
Your list will only be saved temporarily. Inactivity of more than an hour could result in the loss of your list. If you would like to keep a record of your list, we suggest you email it to yourself.
Your list of records will be sent to us if you request an appointment, and a summary will be included in your appointment email notification.