The National Gallery is able to provide immunity from seizure under part 6 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007. This Act provides protection from seizure for cultural objects from abroad on loan to temporary exhibitions in approved museums and galleries in the UK.
The conditions are:
- The object is usually kept outside the UK
- It is not owned by a person resident in the UK
- Its import does not contravene any import regulations
- It is brought to the UK for public display in a temporary exhibition at a museum or gallery
- The borrowing museum or gallery is approved under the Act
- The borrowing museum has published information about the object
Current reports are listed below when published.
Provenance information has been published, requesting immunity from seizure for objects in the following exhibitions:
Problems opening files? Get Adobe Reader [External link]