Marco del Buono

about 1403 - after 1480

Marco del Buono was a member of the ‘Arte dei Medici e Speziali’ (Physicians' and Apothecaries’ Guild – the guild to which painters belonged) in Florence in 1426.

By 1446 he was in partnership with Apollonio di Giovanni almost entirely for the production of cassoni, such as the 'Cassone with a Tournament Scene' attributed to Apollonio's workshop.