Small bag (max. 38cm x 30cm): £1*
Large bag (max. 66cm x 43cm): £4*
*Charges do not apply to Members
For everyone’s safety all bags, rucksacks, packages, and personal items may be inspected.
For reasons of security and safety the National Gallery has a bag size policy in place.
- Neither the Gallery nor its employees accept any liability for the loss of, or damage to, anything left in the cloakrooms
- All items left in the cloakrooms may be searched in the interests of safety and security
- Cloakroom staff may examine any item before accepting it and reserve the right to refuse items
Bag sizes permitted in the Gallery
- Maximum bag size allowed in the building is 66cm x 43cm
- Folding bikes, scooters, other oversized objects, and group luggage items are not permitted
Exceptions to this rule are:
- Visitors only accessing the Sainsbury Wing Shop from Whitcomb Street
- Visitors only accessing the National Café from St. Martin's Place
- Baby buggies and oversized bags containing necessary medical equipment, or for use in nursing and baby care, will be permitted, subject to the owners agreeing that these items may be searched on exiting the Gallery