�Please note that all bags, rucksacks, packages, and other personal items brought to the building may be inspected by our security staff. We recommend that you allow extra time for security checks at our entrances on arrival.
Bag size policy
For reasons of security and safety, the National Gallery has a bag size policy in place.
- The maximum size of bag allowed in the building is 56 x 25 x 45 cm.
- We ask that visitors (including groups) do not bring luggage such as suitcases to the National Gallery.
- Baby buggies and oversized bags containing necessary medical equipment, or equipment for use in nursing and baby care, will be allowed in the building subject to the owners agreeing that these items may need to be inspected on entering the building.
- Please note that folding bicycles, adult scooters, and other oversized objects are not allowed in the building.
There is a left luggage facility at Charing Cross station [external link].
Cloakrooms are located at the Trafalgar Square and Sainsbury Wing Entrances.
*Charges do not apply to Members
- The maximum size of bag accepted in the cloakrooms is 56 x 25 x 45 cm.
- Cloakroom staff may examine any item before accepting it in the cloakrooms and reserve the right to refuse items.
- All items left in the Gallery’s cloakrooms may be searched in the interests of safety and security.
- Neither the Gallery nor its employees accept any liability for the loss of, or damage to, anything left in the cloakrooms.
- Folding bicycles, adult scooters, and other oversized objects are not accepted in the cloakrooms.