We operate a secure, closed-circuit television system throughout the Gallery in the public interest for the protection and safety of our visitors, staff, collection, and property.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all our visitors please respect the following rules:
- We check all bags on arrival so please allow extra time for security checks. We reserve the right not to allow any bag, parcel or other item to be brought into the Gallery and to deal with any unattended object in such way as we consider appropriate.
- We have a bag size policy in place. Read more
- Articles such as paints, banners, balloons and/or placards are not permitted in the Gallery as they pose a risk to the collection.
- Any headwear that impedes the identification of an individual may not be worn in the Gallery unless required for religious or medical purposes.
- Knives or other potentially dangerous or harmful items may not be brought into the Gallery.
- The only animals allowed in the Gallery are guide dogs and assistance dogs.
We do not allow:
- Taking photographs, videotaping, or recording for commercial use.
- The sale of goods or services or the display of goods or services for sale.
- The distribution of printed or recorded materials of any kind.
- The distribution of campaign material on the Gallery premises.
- Unauthorised events, demonstrations or speeches, or the usage of any flag, banner or sign for commercial purposes, or to incite a crowd.
- Engaging in any unsafe act or other act that may impede the operation of the Gallery.
- We reserve the right to deny admission, or to require a person already admitted to leave the Gallery without refund, liability or compensation if the circumstances require us to do so.
- We may from time to time, without prior notice and without refund, liability or compensation, close the Gallery or any part of it temporarily or restrict the number of persons having access if the circumstances require us to do so.
- Gallery regulations are subject to change without notice.