- We operate a secure, closed-circuit television system throughout the Gallery in the public interest for the protection and safety of our visitors, staff, collection, and property.
- To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all our visitors please respect our rules.
- We have introduced a range of new health and safety measures to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID–19 in line with government advice and the requirements of Public Health England.
- We check all bags on arrival so please allow extra time for security checks. We reserve the right not to allow any bag, parcel or other item to be brought into the Gallery and to deal with any unattended object in such way as we consider appropriate.
- We have a bag size policy in place. Read more.
- Large umbrellas, children's buggies and children's scooters can be stored in the cloakroom for £2 per item.
- Articles such as paints, banners, balloons and/or placards are not permitted in the Gallery as they pose a risk to the collection.
- Knives or other potentially dangerous or harmful items may not be brought into the Gallery.
- The only animals allowed in the Gallery are guide dogs and assistance dogs
- Please respect staff and other members of the public during your visit.
- Food and drink must not be consumed in the picture galleries.
- A ticket entry system is in place with a limited quota for entry each hour.
- If you feel unwell, please stay at home.
- You may be refused entry if displaying symptoms of COVID 19.
- Wash your hands regularly or use hand sanitiser provided.
- It is your choice whether to wear a face covering during your visit.
- Contactless and cash payments are accepted at the Ticket desk and in our shops. Please note our Espresso Bar accepts contactless payment only.
- In order to reduce the risk of contamination, we do not currently offer audio guides for the collection. However, audio guides are available for some exhibitions to listen to on your own device and headphones.
- Follow the general guidance of the Government and Public Health England found here.
We do not allow:
- Taking photographs, videotaping, or recording for commercial use.
- The sale of goods or services or the display of goods or services for sale.
- The distribution of printed or recorded materials of any kind.
- The distribution of campaign material on the Gallery premises.
- Unauthorised events, demonstrations or speeches, or the usage of any flag, banner or sign for commercial purposes, or to incite a crowd.
- Motorbike helmets not permitted to be worn in Gallery.
- Engaging in any unsafe act or other act that may impede the operation of the Gallery.
- We reserve the right to deny admission, or to require a person already admitted to leave the Gallery without refund, liability or compensation if the circumstances require us to do so.
- We may from time to time, without prior notice and without refund, liability or compensation, close the Gallery or any part of it temporarily or restrict the number of persons having access if the circumstances require us to do so.
- Gallery regulations are subject to change without notice.