The Crucifixion Altarpiece
This triptych was formerly in the church of St Columba, Cologne.
The centre panel shows The Crucifixion while the left wing shows 'Christ before Pilate' and the right wing shows the story of the Lamentation of Christ.
The front panels also show nine episodes from the Passion of Christ centred around the Crucifixion.
Both wings have reverses. When closed the triptych shows two donors kneeling, on the right, observing the Mass of Saint Gregory, which is taking place on the left panel.
Coats of arms identify the donors as Hermann Rinck (Mayor of Cologne in 1480 and 1488, died 1496) and his wife Gertrud von Dallem.