Meeting held Friday 9 November 2007
Process of appointment of the next Director
1. The Board considered the report of the Appointment Group.
Minutes of the last meeting and matters arising
2. The Board approved the minutes of the meeting held on 5 October 2007. They were later signed by the Chairman.
3. The Director confirmed that final interviews had now been carried out for the post of Head of Buildings.
The Director reported on a possible exhibition to fill the gap in the programme for 2009.
4. There was a discussion on this matter.
Quarterly Management Report
5. The Board noted the Quarterly Management Report. The Director of Resources confirmed that it was still anticipated that there would be a small budget deficit at the financial year end.
Minutes of Committees of the Board
6. The Board noted the Minutes of the Nominations Committee of 7 September and 5 October 2007. The Chairman reported that applications from those who applied to be considered as Trustees had now been sifted and interviews fixed for later in November.
7. The Board noted the report on loans out.
8. The Board noted the report on picture movements.
Any other Business
9. The Board discussed the possible reduction in the number of Board meetings in the year, by dropping one of the Spring or early summer meetings. The Board also discussed possible timing of the 2008 strategy weekend.
It was agreed the Chairman would convey the thanks of the Board to the retiring Trustee of AFNGL for his huge support to the Gallery.
Copies of previous Board minutes can be obtained from the Libraries and Archive department.
Confidential and sensitive information has been excluded from these published minutes in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000