Master of Liesborn

active second half of the 15th century

The Master of Liesborn is named from the dismembered high altarpiece in the Benedictine Abbey in Liesborn, Westphalia. The altar was dedicated in 1465. The altarpiece (of which the top six works shown right are fragments) was installed by 1490. The Liesborn Master was clearly influenced by the style of nearby Cologne.