London Day Books
Archive reference number
These volumes cover the daily transactions handled by the London branch (1866-1956), at their Galleries at Waterloo Place (c1860-c1877) and 39, later 43, Old Bond Street (from c1876-2008). The information included within each Day Book includes:
- Name of account holder
- Credit or Debit sign
- Description of transaction
- Associated Stock, On Sale or Waiting Order number
- Sheet numbers: references to receipts, invoices or correspondence (not retained by Agnew's)
- Associated Ledger page number and occasionally the prefix indicating Ledger series (not all ledger series referenced have been retained within the archive)
- Another associated series of Waterloo Day Books (refer to NGA27/13/4) overlap with and partially (or completely) duplicating the information in the London Day Books but often with different references; this may be a legacy of having more than one location for records whilst the Old Bond Street Gallery was being built.
- See NGA27/13 for more information on Day Books in general.
- See NGA27/14 for more information on Ledgers.