London Day Books
Archive reference number
These volumes cover the daily transactions handled by the London branch (1866-1956), at their Galleries at Waterloo Place (c1860-c1877) and 39, later 43, Old Bond Street (from c1876-2008). The information included within each Day Book includes:
- Name of account holder
- Credit or Debit sign
- Description of transaction
- Associated Stock, On Sale or Waiting Order number
- Sheet numbers: references to receipts, invoices or correspondence (not retained by Agnew's)
- Associated Ledger page number and occasionally the prefix indicating Ledger series (not all ledger series referenced have been retained within the archive)
- Another associated series of Waterloo Day Books (refer to NGA27/13/4) overlap with and partially (or completely) duplicating the information in the London Day Books but often with different references; this may be a legacy of having more than one location for records whilst the Old Bond Street Gallery was being built.
- See NGA27/13 for more information on Day Books in general.
- See NGA27/14 for more information on Ledgers.
Your list will only be saved temporarily. Inactivity of more than an hour could result in the loss of your list. If you would like to keep a record of your list, we suggest you email it to yourself.
Your list of records will be sent to us if you request an appointment, and a summary will be included in your appointment email notification.