Search the Archive
|Archive reference number||NGA27/22/2/16|
Press Release Photographs, Artists and Exhibitions
Sets of black & white photographs and colour transparencies (including duplicates) of artists and exhibitions released to the press. They are as follows:
1) A folder of photographs and transparencies of Emma Sergeant, artist.
2) 8 photographs of Emily Patrick, artist.
3) 10 photographs of Peter Prendergast, artist, by his son Owein Prendergast (1984-1993). In addition, there is an interview transcript (4 pages) between Peter Prendergast and Robert Armstrong discussing the former's work.
4) 10 photographs of Agnew's retrospective exhibition on Sidney Nolan (1917-1992) entitled "Nolan’s Nolans: a reputation reassessed", held on 11 June – 25 July 1997.
5) 7 photographs and 2 pages of test images from "Salute to Turner", an exhibition and auction of paintings by contemporary British artists in aid of the National Trust Foundation for Art, held at Agnew's 43 Old Bond Street Gallery on 12-21 Dec 1989. Attendees included Sir Brinsley Ford (Chairman of the National Trust's Foundation for Art), William Joll (Director at Agnew's, and exhibition organiser), Dudley Dodd (National Trust Assistant Historic Buildings Secretary, and exhibition organiser), and the following artists:
- Diana Armfield
- Maggi Hambling
- Ken Howard
- Albert Irvin
- Hector McDonnell
- Patrick Procktor
- David Remfrey
- Leonard Rosoman
- Carel Weight
The titles of paintings featured in the press release photographs are recorded on the back of each image.
For more general information about press cutting volumes refer to the 'Press Cuttings' description at NGA27/22, and 'Press Cuttings, Significant Events' at NGA27/22/2.