To celebrate Painters’ Paintings: From Freud to Van Dyck, the National Gallery and the National Gallery Shop are offering one lucky winner the chance to win a bespoke print of their favourite National Gallery painting to hang in their home.
Three runners-up will also receive a mini-print of Vincent van Gogh’s Sunflowers.
To enter, download your favourite painting from the National Gallery Collection, or share a photograph of a National Gallery painting you have taken while visiting us, and share it on Instagram or Twitter along with the hashtag #MyPaintersPaintings.
Italian Woman by Corot, now part of the collection, once hung in Lucian Freud’s drawing room, alongside works by Auerbach and Degas. Meanwhile, Van Dyck gathered his many paintings by Titian in one room, and Degas kept the small portrait of Francis Poictevin by Jacques-Emile Blanche in his bedroom.
Which National Gallery masterpiece would you most like to have in your home? Share with us using the hashtag #MyPaintersPaintings.
The prize draw closes on 31 July 2016 at 23:59 British Summer Time.
Please note that this prize draw is only open to residents of the United Kingdom.
Please ensure you have read the terms and conditions below before entering this prize draw.
Terms and conditions
- The promoters of this prize draw are the National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN, and the National Gallery Company Limited, 30 Orange Street, London WC2H 7HH.
- Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry into the prize draw is deemed to be in acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to any resident of the UK who possesses an Instagram or Twitter account, except employees or contractors of the promoters or immediate family members of the employees or contractors of the promoters.
- To confirm entrants are from the UK, location details provided on the social media account used to submit an entry will be used as verification.
- The prize draw commences at 12.00 noon on 15 July 2016, and concludes at 23.59 (British Summer Time) on 31 July 2016.
- To enter, entrants must download an image of their favourite National Gallery painting or share a photograph of a painting you have taken whilst visiting us - please see conditions nine and 10 - and share it on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #MyPaintersPaintings.
- Entrants can only enter the prize draw once, and via one social media account only. Multiple submissions using the same social media account, or entrants using multiple Instagram or Twitter accounts will be disqualified and Entries must comply with the terms and conditions of Instagram and Twitter.
- Downloadable images of National Gallery paintings are up to 800 pixels in size and are available free under a Creative Commons license, which prohibits derivatives or edits of images and any commercial use. If you require a license for commercial or scholarly use, please contact the National Gallery Company’s Picture Library.
- Photography in the Gallery is allowed for personal, non-commercial purposes in the National Gallery. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure no copyright is infringed. There are a few exceptions to protect paintings and copyright of loans (as indicated by signs beside the paintings in the Gallery), individual privacy and the overall visitor experience. Exceptions include:
- Photography is not permitted in exhibitions
- Photography of some loan paintings in the main galleries may be restricted, as indicated by signs beside the paintings
- Photography of children and young people is prohibited without consent of the accompanying adult. This includes, for example, school groups and/or those attending family events.
- Entries that include paintings artworks that aren’t part of the National Gallery collection will be excluded. To ensure your entry is a National Gallery painting please see our Collection overview
- The winner and three runners up will be selected by random draw w/c 1 August 2016 at the offices of the National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN.
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winners
- First prize is a bespoke print of the entrant’s favourite National Gallery painting, paper only (Gloss or Matt), up to a Large (Small ,Medium or Large) and excludes canvas. Three runners-up will receive a mini print of Vincent van Gogh’s 'Sunflowers'. Once delivery address and print options are confirmed, it will take between three to four weeks for the winner and the three runners-up to receive their prize.
- The National Gallery and National Gallery Company Ltd reserves the right to change the prize to a prize of equal or greater value.
- All prizes are not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The winner and three runners-up of the competition will be contacted via direct message on Instagram or Twitter. By entering into the competition, the entrant agrees to be contacted by the National Gallery in such a way.
- The winner and three runners up must confirm their delivery address for the competition prize within two weeks of receiving the direct message. If the winner or three runners-up do not claim their prize within this time frame, the prize will be awarded to a new winner or runner up, who will be selected by a random draw.
- This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter.
- The National Gallery reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions if the conditions are beyond its control.