Group Rules for the Modern Perspectives: National Gallery Photography Competition Flickr Group
All activity needs to be compliant with the following Yahoo! Terms of Service, Flickr Community Guidelines and (if applicable) Flickr API ToU
Please read the group rules carefully before joining the group and submitting your photo. Also, please keep in mind the brief – a contemporary view of a cityscape that you have visited. You may only submit one photograph to the group.
By adding your photograph to the Modern Perspectives Group, you agree to the competition’s Terms and Conditions, see below.
- The exhibition and competition are organised by the National Gallery (“the National Gallery”/ “the Organisers”).
- You must submit a high resolution photo to the Group or be willing to provide a high-res version of your photograph upon request.
- By adding your photo to Modern Perspectives Flickr Group (the “Group”), you represent and warrant that your submitted photo is consistent with the Flickr Community Guidelines, your photo is an original work, free from any third party rights, in particular that it shall not under no circumstance constitute, whether entirely or in parts, any infringement upon the intellectual property rights of third parties, and that any persons depicted in your photo have consented to the distribution, publication and display of the photo with no remuneration of any kind being payable to them. This shall also apply if the photo is used for promotional purposes in connection with the promotion of the Modern Perspectives Group and the National Gallery’s exhibition Venice: Canaletto and His Rivals.
- The competition commences on 13 October 2010 and concludes on 3 January 2011.
- Only one entry per person. You may only submit one photograph to the group.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If the winners cannot be contacted by 16 January 2011, the promoters will redraw the prize until a contactable winner has been located and the prize is claimed.
- If your photo is selected to as one of the winning entries we will contact you. The three winners will be chosen on week commencing 3 January 2011
- You understand and agree that the content you submit to the Group will appear viewable by visitors to the Group and may appear on www.nationalgallery.org.uk (only in connection with the Modern Perspectives Flickr Group or the exhibition Venice: Canaletto and His Rivals), as long as your content is in the Group. By adding your photo to this group, you are giving the National Gallery permission to display your photo on the National Gallery website, and in other online material to promote this project.
- The National Gallery shall not be obliged to display photographs and shall not be liable for any entrant’s loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation. The National Gallery also reserves the right to cancel the Exhibition and/or the project if deemed necessary at any stage.
- You consent to allow The National Gallery to contact you through FlickrMail regarding any request The National Gallery might have related to obtaining permission from you to use your content for purposes outside of the Group or www.nationalgallery.org.uk.
- In the event that your photograph is chosen as part of the winner’s selection, it will be displayed along with your Flickr screen name and the title of the image. We will contact you through Flickr Mail and you will be given the opportunity to choose to have your real name included in place of your screen name. If you do not respond to this email, we will be obliged to use your Flickr screen name.
- In the event that your photograph is selected as one of the three winning entries, you will receive a prize of the Venice: Canaletto and His Rivals exhibition catalogue. We will contact you through FlickrMail to obtain the address of the winner.
- The National Gallery aims to archive all of the projects it is involved with and content that is produced, so that it is available for research in the future. In the event that your photograph entered on the Modern Perspectives Flickr Group is selected as the winning entry, you agree to give the National Gallery a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty free licence in perpetuity to use your photograph for the following purposes:
(a) to download the high-resolution version of your photograph for the purposes of posting the winning entry on the National Gallery website;
(b) to display your photograph on the National Gallery’s website, www.nationalgallery.org.uk, in relation to the Modern Perspectives competition and the exhibition Venice: Canaletto and His Rivals;
(c) to use, copy, modify, translate and/or adapt, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display by any means and in any media and create derivative works of, and copy, download, distribute, publicly perform and publicly display such derivative works of your photo and store your photo in the National Gallery’s online and offsite archive in relation to the display and the Exhibition;
The rights shall be applied to all existing or future media, and in particular all physical, optical, magnetic, analogical, digital and electronic media, including media such as hardcopies, magnetic tapes, floppy disks, CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs, hard disks, computers and servers, the Internet, all private or public telecommunication networks, by cable, satellite, radio networks, etc.
The promotion of the Modern Perspectives competition and Venice: Canaletto and His Rivals exhibition on www.nationalgallery.org.uk
By entering your photograph to the “Modern Perspectives” Flickr Group you are deemed to have accepted the above Group Rules.