Facilitating enquiry-based learning with a painting as a central stimulus.
A core element of the Take One Picture scheme is to provide primary teachers with opportunities to share ideas, learning, and practice. This course is planned specifically with this in mind, offering an opportunity for primary teachers working across the UK to network with peers and to develop ownership of the Take One Picture project.
The sessions will be held on the following dates:
Monday 17 October 2016
Monday 5 December 2016
Friday 13 January 2017
Friday 10 February 2017
Monday 13 March 2017
Friday 28 April 2017
How to book
To book, please complete the booking form above.
The course fee includes tea and coffee on arrival, a print of the painting, a soundscape, and a discount voucher for Gallery shops.
Please note lunch is not provided but there are rooms available for your use.
About the course
The focus painting for 2016–17 is Penelope with the Suitors by Pintoricchio.
Through a combination of practical seminars, discussions, and a Gallery workshop, the day offers the opportunity to:
- Experience the National Gallery’s collection first=hand with a particular emphasis on the focus painting
- Develop strategies for cultivating pupils’ skills and confidence in looking at and responding to paintings
- Explore the pedagogy and practice of using a painting as a rich context for learning across the curriculum
- Consider ways of working with the local community and planning for learning outside the classroom
- Network with other teachers from across the United Kingdom
To access further information, download free resources or to view previous exhibitions and accompanying films, visit takeonepicture.org.uk