Stories of art
A modular introduction to art history using the Gallery’s collection to explore key themes and stories in art. This course is ideal for people with some existing knowledge of art history.
The National Gallery’s collection reveals many stories about art history. Enrich your understanding of them by signing up for this modular course. Gallery experts including curators, conservators, educators, archivists, and scientists will share their knowledge with you; sessions are structured around key themes such as faith, artists’ materials, society and stories.
The full course consists of six modules, although each module stands alone:
- Module two: 1400–1500 (starts November 2016)
- Module three: 1500–1600 (starts January 2017)
- Module four: 1600–1700 (starts February 2017)
- Module five: 1700–1800 (starts April 2017)
- Module six: 1800–1914 (starts June 2017)