Stories of art
A modular introduction to art history using the Gallery’s collection to explore key themes and stories in art. This course is ideal for people with some existing knowledge of art history.
The National Gallery’s Collection reveals many stories about art history. Enrich your understanding of them by signing up for this modular course. Gallery experts including curators, conservators, educators, archivists, and scientists will share their knowledge with you; sessions are structured around key themes such as faith, artists’ materials, society, and stories.
The full course consists of six modules, although each module stands alone:
- Module one: 1250–1400 (starts 13 September 2016)
- Module two: 1400–1500 (starts 1 November 2016)
- Module three: 1500–1600 (starts 10 January 2017)
- Module four: 1600–1700 (starts 21 February 2017)
- Module five: 1700–1800 (starts 11 April 2017)
- Module six: 1800–1914 (starts 30 May 2017)