Book a free themed tour, tailored to the needs of your group. We also offer sessions for students with special needs.
Inspiration through InSET
Continue your professional development with our interactive Gallery-based sessions, which:
- provide teaching strategies you can use to ignite imagination and boost engagement
- raise your confidence in enabling pupils to look and respond critically and creatively
- deepen your understanding of the power of paintings to promote learning.
We can also offer InSET sessions as outreach.
- Duration: Half day (180 minutes)
- Cost: £375. Free for trainee teachers
- Group size: 25 maximum
We will tailor the session to meet your needs, focusing on at least one of the following themes:
- Cross-curricular learning – learn how to plan learner-led investigations which start with a painting and make meaningful links right across the curriculum
- Literacy – use paintings as a creative context for stimulating literacy across the curriculum
- Multi-media – practical art activities and approaches that take inspiration from the National Gallery Collection
- Visual analysis – we support critical thinking in a range of curriculum subjects; use art to evaluate, analyse, and interpret sources; explore what messages paintings put across and the methods the artists used; examine the historical environment particular works were made in and how they were viewed at the time
To discuss your requirements and to make a booking, contact us on 020 7747 5890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy a tour of the Gallery, a trip around a temporary exhibition, or a meeting with our team of Young Producers as we show you how our collection can support teaching and learning in your school. Designed for both primary and secondary teachers, these evenings allow you to learn new skills, network and unwind after a long week!
Dates: 12 October 2018, 15 March 2019, 21 June 2019
To book, please contact us on 020 7747 5890 or email email@example.com.
Online teachers' resource: Rembrandt: The Late Works
Explore our online teachers' resource which examines four portraits by Rembrandt. Encouraging cross-curricular working, this resource is aimed at art and science teachers delivering Key Stages 3 to 5 in secondary schools.
Online exhibition: Picture in Focus
Explore our 'Picture in Focus' exhibition as a catalyst for creative learning across the curriculum.
Shop online for art-related books, DVDs, and prints.