We offer 90-minute, half-day and full day sessions to trainee teachers whether they are training as part of a higher education course or in school- based training.
Sessions can be tailored to meet specific needs but generally:
- introduce the idea of using painting in general teaching, not merely art
- introduce strategies for looking and thinking about art
- introduce ways of starting conversations with students about art
- make links to subject specialisms
- make links across the curriculum
In addition, we host one-week cultural placements for trainee primary teachers based in London and across the regions. These are offered in partnership with higher education providers, or school-based training providers.
Participants either spend one week at National Gallery or split their time between the National Gallery and a regional partner gallery. The placement gives the opportunity to expand on the ideas introduced in the single sessions and relate them more closely to the participant’s own teaching experience. Participants will also have the opportunity to observe taught gallery sessions, deliver their own gallery session and plan their own unit of work.
If you are interested in finding out more about this programme, please contact email@example.com