Health, wellbeing and inclusivity
The three Subject Specialist Networks, European Paintings pre‐1900, Understanding British Portraits professional network, and British Art Network have come together to explore the topic of health, wellbeing and inclusivity in the context of arts and heritage collections.
Over a series of three online webinars, these themes will be discussed by a panel of arts and healthcare professionals.
The programme for the three sessions will be as follows:
15 April: ‘Nothing about us without us - disability, inclusivity and engagement’
Convenor: Tony Heaton, sculptor and disability activist
- Sonia Boué, Artist
- Paulette Brien, Curator, Grundy Art Gallery
- Alex Cowan, Archivist, Shape Arts
- David Hevey, CEO of Shape Arts
- Aidan Moesby, Artist
- Zoe Partington, Visual Artist and Creative Consultant
- Tanya Raabe-Webber, Artist
- Christopher Samuel, Artist
- Prof Richard Sandell, Research Centre for Museums and Galleries, University of Leicester
- Aminder Virdee, Artist
22 April: ‘The curatorial and the cultural encounter in hospital contexts’
Convenor: Catsou Roberts, Director of Vital Arts, Barts Health NHS Trust
- Dr Iva Fattorini, former Chair of the Global Arts and Medicine Institute at Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA
- Daniel Heather, Deputy Archivist Barts Health Archives and Museums
- Peter Liversidge, Artist
29 April: ‘Arts and culture for health and wellbeing and inclusivity’
Convenor: Dr Errol Francis, Artistic Director and CEO of Culture&
- Dr Rob Berkeley MBE, Director, BlackOut UK
- Miranda Lowe, Principal Curator, Natural History Museum
- Bárbara Rodríguez Muñoz, Curator, Wellcome Collection
- Professor Victoria Tischler, University of Exeter
Supported by Arts Council England.
Accompanied by Stagetext.
These sessions will be delivered in spoken English with British Sign Language interpretation.