April 2021: Online
Our current CPD sessions focus on The Finding of Moses by Orazio Gentileschi.
In this huge painting, we are shown a new telling of an old story – a celebration of hope, kindness, and the beginning of a great journey, all told through the actions of women. Gentileschi updated the story for a 17th-century audience to celebrate the start of a new life.
This half-day online session will take place via Zoom, and will last 3.5 hours with short breaks.
These online CPD sessions offer the opportunity to:
- Learn about the Take One Picture programme, with tips on project planning and submission
- Investigate strategies for developing pupils’ skills and confidence in responding to paintings, focusing on looking, questioning, storytelling and drawing
- Learn about the focus painting and artist from Gallery Educators
- Explore the pedagogy and practice of using a painting as a rich context for learning across the curriculum
- Receive a link to all PowerPoints and classroom resources shown, and a high-resolution image file of the focus painting.
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com.
Other CPD sessions are taking place on:
About Take One Picture
Take One Picture is our national programme for primary schools, which aims to inspire a lifelong love of art and learning.
Every year, we take one picture from the collection to inspire cross-curricular work in primary classrooms.
Activity around each focus painting takes place in four stages, culminating in an annual exhibition of children's work at the Gallery.