April 2022: Online
Our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) sessions for primary school teachers are currently focussed on 'A Shipwreck in Stormy Seas' by Claude-Joseph Vernet.
Nature at its most awe-inspiring lies at the heart of Vernet's painting. A storm rages, two ships roll in the crashing waves as bolts of lightning strike the horizon. The survivors rescue what they can.
This half-day online session will take place via Zoom, and will last 3.5 hours with short breaks.
These online CPD sessions offer the opportunity to:
- Learn about the Take One Picture Programme, with tips on project planning and submission
- Investigate strategies for developing pupils’ skills and confidence in responding to paintings, focusing on looking, questioning, storytelling and drawing
- Learn about the focus painting and artist from Gallery Educators
- Explore the pedagogy and practice of using a painting as a rich context for learning across the curriculum
- Receive a link to all PowerPoints and classroom resources shown, and a high-resolution image file of the focus painting
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com
About Take One Picture
Take One Picture is our national programme for primary schools, which aims to inspire a lifelong love of art and learning.
Every year, we take one picture from the collection to inspire cross-curricular work in primary classrooms.
Activity around each focus painting takes place in four stages, culminating in an annual exhibition of children's work at the Gallery.