Miscellaneous Agnew Records, Box VII
Archive reference number
A collection of miscellaneous records relating to Thos. Agnew & Sons, which were found within a single box file once acquired by the National Gallery, as follows:
- Rehearsal Script: "The Duchess Vanishes", script by Sylvia Dye, produced by Robert Barr, settings by Stephen Bundy. Transmission on BBC Television, a feature programme on the theft in 1876 of Gainsborough's picture 'The Duchess of Devonshire' (10 August 1951, 20:45-21:30, 47 pages)
- Speculative enquiry by John Stather requesting any information the Agnew archive holds on Hugh Oswald Blaker (1 Dec 1989)
- The Times Magazine: "The Crook, The Tycoon, The Duchess, and her Picture" (2 Jul 1994, 4 pages)
- "The Catalogue Raisonne of Portraits by Philip De Laszlo, being complied by The Hon. Mrs. de Laszlo" featuring the portrait of William Lockett Agnew, Esq. and Mrs William Lockett Agnew, née Miss Josephine Shiel (2 pages)
- Photocopies of Madeline Knox' memoir (21 pages). For a full description of this memoir please refer to NGA27/23/14/5, and a clearer typed copy can be found at NGA27/33/23
- A faint photocopy of the painting and associated page with the provenance of "Frederick Richel on Horseback" by Rembrandt (2 pages)
- 18 duplicates of a photograph of Julian Agnew with his business details on the back; for Press Release
- 19 colour transparencies of Julian Agnew (some duplicates); for Press Release
- Assorted negatives, and trial photographs
- Press release for 175 years in art dealing (Jan 1992, 2 pages)
- Photograph of Princess Diana at an Agnew's event (nd)
Your list will only be saved temporarily. Inactivity of more than an hour could result in the loss of your list. If you would like to keep a record of your list, we suggest you email it to yourself.
Your list of records will be sent to us if you request an appointment, and a summary will be included in your appointment email notification.