Early History of the Firm: 150th Anniversary
Archive reference number
A file containing correspondence, research notes and articles relating to the early history of the firm, as follows in the order they appear:
- Correspondence with Knoedler & Co and a solicitors firm re the sale of Turners (Jan-Jun 1937)
- Press cutting re Mr G.W. Agnew for the Salford Seat as a Liberal representative (12 Jan 1910)
- 150th Anniversary Dinner menu, memorial card and guest list (1967)
- Photograph of an engraving of Thomas Agnew as Mayor of Salford receiving Queen Victoria (1851)
- Thumbnail copies of photographs of attendees at a recital
- List of exhibits at the History of Agnew's Exhibition (1 Nov-2 Dec 1967)
- Transcriptions of 19th century press cuttings and articles re Victore Zanetti and his partnership with Thomas Agnew (1800s)
- 'Early History of the Firm' according to J.G. Greenfield's (Manager and Secretary of the Company from 1890-1950) notes
- Agnew's Timeline (1919-1930)
- Photocopied extracts and notes on Agnew's competition with Ernest Gambert
- A limerick by Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Your list will only be saved temporarily. Inactivity of more than an hour could result in the loss of your list. If you would like to keep a record of your list, we suggest you email it to yourself.
Your list of records will be sent to us if you request an appointment, and a summary will be included in your appointment email notification.