Search the Archive
Search the National Gallery Archive containing records of the Gallery's activities from its foundation in 1824 to the present day. Find out more about the National Gallery Archive.
|Archive reference number||NGA27/24/13|
Roger Fenton and the Crimea File
A file containing the following records re Roger Fenton's photographic trip to the Crimea, which was funded by Thos. Agnew & Sons:
- Copies of photographs taken during the trip
- Agnew's 1979 catalogue of "Roger Fenton, the first Secretary of The Royal Photographic Society: an exhibition in aid of The Royal Photographic Society's Appeal for a National Photographic Centre in Bath"
- Press cuttings (1855-1967)
- Pages taken from "The Commercial Aspect of Manchester" extolling the merits of Agnew's and making reference to Roger Fenton's work
- Photocopy of the Exhibition catalogue "Fenton's Crimean Photographs" (1855)
- Correspondence between Christopher Kingzett and Christies re insurance valuations and auction estimates for the Roger Fenton Crimean photographs (Aug 1996-May 1997)
Your list will only be saved temporarily. Inactivity of more than an hour could result in the loss of your list. If you would like to keep a record of your list, we suggest you email it to yourself.
Your list of records will be sent to us if you request an appointment, and a summary will be included in your appointment email notification.