Search the Archive
Search the National Gallery Archive containing records of the Gallery's activities from its foundation in 1824 to the present day. Find out more about the National Gallery Archive.
|Archive reference number||NG25/33|
Board of Trustees' papers
1. Acquisition of Renoir 'La Danseuse au Tamborin' (NG6317) and 'La Danseuse aux Castagnettes' (NG6318);
2. Lane Bequest;
3. Transfer of French 19th century pictures from the Tate Gallery;
4. Examination reports on NG5115, NG3926, NG3948, NG948, NG6320, NG498, NG58, NG75, NG2923,;
5. Acquisition of Albrecht Altdorfer 'Landscape with a bridge' (NG6320);
6. Potential acquisition of J.B. Oudry 'A gazelle and three dogs';
7. Acquistion of Batoni 'Time destroying beauty' (NG6316);
8. Potential acquisition of Mattia Preti 'The banquet of Herod';
9. Potential acquisition of Caravaggio 'Salome with the head of Saint John the Baptist' (NG6389);
10. Thyssen-Bornemisza exhibition;
11. Acquisition of Strozzi 'Allegorical figure of Fame' (NG6321);
12. Acquisition of Goya 'Portrait of the Duke of Wellington' (NG6322);
13 Controversy on the cleaning of pictures;
14. Potential acquisition of Frans Hals 'Portrait of a Young Woman';
15. Theft of Goya 'Portrait of the Duke of Wellington' (NG6322);
16. Manod Quarry.
|Paintings referenced in this record||NG6317, NG6318, NG5115, NG3926, NG3948, NG948, NG6320, NG498, NG58, NG75, NG2923, NG6316, NG6389, NG6321, NG6322|
Your list will only be saved temporarily. Inactivity of more than an hour could result in the loss of your list. If you would like to keep a record of your list, we suggest you email it to yourself.
Your list of records will be sent to us if you request an appointment, and a summary will be included in your appointment email notification.