Take One Picture
Take One Picture
For individual teachers
Date and time
Friday 17 January 2014, 10.30am – 3.45pm
£90 per teacher
Booking essential – please see below
Facilitating enquiry-based learning with a painting as a central stimulus. For individual primary teachers.
This one-day course for teachers provides inspiration and ideas for implementing the Take One Picture scheme in any school context.
How to Book
Complete the booking form below and return to National Gallery Education (TOP), Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN:
Download an application form [PDF 179KB – opens in a new window]
A maximum of four teachers per school may apply for each date.
The course fee is £90, including tea and coffee on arrival, a print of the painting and a discount voucher for Gallery shops.
Please note lunch is not provided but there are rooms available for your use.
About the course
Be inspired and empowered to lead a Take One Picture project in your school. Generate ideas in collaboration with teachers from across the United Kingdom.
The focus painting for 2013–14 is Saint Michael Triumphs over the Devil,
1468, by Bartolomé Bermejo.
Through a combination of short presentations, discussion and a Gallery workshop, the day offers the opportunity to:
- experience the National Gallery’s collection first hand with a particular emphasis on the focus painting
- develop strategies for developing pupils’ skill and confidence in looking at and responding to paintings
- network with other teachers from across the United Kingdom
- explore the pedagogy and practice of using a National Gallery painting as a rich context for learning across the curriculum
- consider ways of working with the local community and planning for learning outside the classroom
‘I feel more knowledgeable and enthused and confident to teach from this starting point’ [Teacher, March 2012]
To access further information, download free resources or to view previous exhibitions and accompanying films, visit www.takeonepicture.org.uk
Banner image above: Detail from Bartolomé Bermejo, Saint Michael Triumphs over the Devil, 1468 (about 1884)
Problems opening files? Get Adobe Reader [External link]