Self-guided groups are welcome at the National Gallery.
If you plan to lead a group, we recommend you:
- Book at least a month in advance
- Keep group size to 30 people
- Spend a maximum of 20 mins at each painting
- Check in at the Sainsbury Wing Information Desk on arrival
To ensure ease of movement around the Gallery for all visitors, we don't allow lecturing in temporary exhibitions.
If there are children under 16 in your group, please ensure they are supervised at all times, with at least one adult for every 10 children.
Prepare for your visit
- Explore the collection – find out about individual paintings and artists
- Learn more about art – use our Beginner's guides or listen to a podcast
- Plan your tour – use our interactive floorplan
Book a self guided group
Phone 020 7747 2449, fax 020 7747 2423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org