Improving our Environment
Additional recent smaller scale projects
- Upgrading of general corridor lighting from tungsten halogen to LED lighting will save around 56 tonnes CO2 per annum
- LED lighting in the restaurant area in the Sainsbury Wing will save 12.8 tonnes CO2 per annum
- Variable pump strategy to our main constant temperature circulating pumps will save 47.0 tonnes CO2 per annum
- Upgrading Sainsbury Wing staircase lighting from tungsten halogen to metal halide lamps will save 39.0 tonnes CO2 per annum.
It should be noted that the savings attributed to the lighting upgrades include a reduced element for internal heat gain which reduces the load requirement on our central cooling plant and air conditioning systems.
- Improving our environment
- Earlier projects
- Re-examination of National Gallery lighting
- Maximising the appropriate use of natural light
- Installation of LED based lighting in the picture galleries
- Installation of a Combined Heat and Power (CHP) unit
- Additional recent smaller scale projects
The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN