This painting is part of the group: Fragments from The Coronation of the Virgin
This painting is a fragment (together with the 'Heads of Two Angels' and the 'Head of an Angel') from Correggio's fresco, the 'Coronation of the Virgin' in the apse of the church of S. Giovanni Evangelista, Parma. The church was destroyed in 1587 when the choir was enlarged; but the central figures showing the Coronation of the Virgin are in the Galleria Nazionale, Parma.
Other paintings in this group: Fragments from The Coronation of the Virgin
The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN