- Can I book by phone?
Booking is online only or by submitting the booking form by post or in person.
- Can I book in person at the National Gallery?
You can collect a booking form at the Information Desk in the Gallery, complete it and hand it in at the Gallery, along with a cheque payment. Your confirmation will be sent to you once your booking has been processed.
- How will I receive confirmation of my booking?
- If you book online you will receive confirmation by email — please ensure that you provide a valid email address.
- If you book by post you will receive confirmation by letter — postal bookings need to be received a minimum of two weeks before your proposed visit date.
There will be no physical tickets. Please read and follow the instructions included in your confirmation email/letter and bring it with you on the day.
- I haven’t received confirmation of my booking?
If you haven’t received a confirmation email or letter three working days before the tour that you are booked onto please contact the National Gallery on 020 7747 2888 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will refunds be available in the event of problems with the trains?
Refunds and exchanges are not available.
- What should I do if my train is late and I miss the minibus from the station?
If you miss the minibus please make your way to Longford Castle by taxi, where arrangements will be made for you to join the tour.
- How long are the tours?
Tours of the Castle and gardens last approximately 2 hours; comfortable footwear is recommended.
- Can I drive straight to Longford Castle?
There is no public parking at Longford. A minibus service is provided to collect you from either Salisbury train station or The Radnor Arms pub. There is ample parking at The Radnor Arms.
- Can luggage be brought to the house and is there somewhere it can be left?
All bags and luggage must be left on the minibus in order to safeguard objects on display. However, small purses and wallets are permitted at the discretion of the tour guide.
- Is the house family friendly? Can I bring a buggy with me?
The tours are not recommended for children under the age of 12. Buggies and pushchairs cannot be accommodated on the minibus or taken into the Castle.
- Can I take photographs in the house and gardens?
Photographs are permitted in the gardens only.
- Are there any toilet or refreshment facilities at the Castle?
There are no toilet or refreshment facilities at the Castle, therefore please ensure that you have used the relevant amenities before the minibus leaves The Radnor Arms.
- Can I bring my own refreshments with me?
Food, drink, and smoking is not permitted in the house.
- Does the Castle have disabled access and is the tour suitable for visitors with mobility impairments?
Visitors with mobility impairments may drive directly to the house, by prior arrangement. The ground floor is accessible by wheelchair. As the first floor is only accessible by stairs or a small lift (which is not suitable for a wheelchair), and the first floor has a number of changes of level to negotiate, wheelchair users will receive a longer special tour of the ground floor with a guide.
Tour guides will carry induction loops for the benefit of hearing aid users and there will also be a large-print version of the guidebook available on request.
- Will there be a way for me to comment about my visit to Longford?
If you wish to leave feedback, a visitors’ book is available at the Castle.
- Can I purchase postcards or souvenirs before or after the visit?
An ever-increasing range of postcards is available for cash purchase.
- Why is the house only open for a few days during the year?
Longford Castle is a private family home.
- Can Special Interest Groups visit Longford Castle?
Special Interest Groups are welcome and should be booked directly with the Castle:
email@example.com / 07880 006131 / The Tour Manager, Longford Castle, Salisbury, SP5 4ED