Guided Tours of Longford Castle: FAQs
- Can I book by phone?
No, booking is online or by submitting the booking form by post or in person.
- Can I book in person at the National Gallery?
You can collect a booking form at the Information Desk in the Gallery, complete it and hand it in at the Gallery, along with a cheque payment. Your confirmation will be sent to you once your booking has been processed.
- How will I receive confirmation of my booking?
- If you book online you will receive confirmation by email — please ensure that you provide a valid email address.
- If you book by post you will receive confirmation by letter — we must receive postal bookings a minimum of two weeks before your proposed visit date.
There will be no physical tickets. You must ensure that you read and follow the instructions included in your confirmation email/letter and bring it with you on the day.
- I haven’t received confirmation of my booking?
If you haven’t received a confirmation email or letter three working days before the tour that you are booked onto please contact the National Gallery on 020 7747 2888 or email@example.com
- Will refunds be available in the event of problems with the trains?
Refunds, replacements or exchanges are not available. Tickets are not transferable.
- What should I do if my train is late and I miss the minibus from the station?
If you miss the minibus please make your way to Longford Castle by taxi, where arrangements will be made for you to join the tour.
- Can I drive straight to Longford Castle?
No, there is no public parking at Longford. You must use the minibus service that will collect you from either Salisbury train station or The Radnor Arms pub. There is ample parking at The Radnor Arms.
Visitors with mobility impairments can drive directly to the castle by prior arrangement.
- Can luggage be brought to the house and is there somewhere it can be deposited whilst visiting Longford?
All bags and luggage must be left on the minibus in order to safeguard objects on display, however small purses and wallets are permitted at the discretion of the tour guide.
- Is the house family friendly? Can I bring a buggy with me?
The tours are not recommended for children under the age of 12. There are no concessionary prices for children or infants.
Buggies and pushchairs can not be accommodated on the minibus and are not allowed in the Castle.
- Can I take photographs in the house and gardens?
Photographs are permitted in the gardens only.
- Will there be a way for me to comment about my visit to Longford?
If you wish to leave feedback please use the visitors’ book at the Castle.
- Can I purchase postcards or souvenirs before or after the visit?
A limited range of postcards will be available for cash purchase.
- Why is the house only open for a few days during the year?
Longford Castle is a private family home.
- Can Special Interest Groups visit Longford Castle?
Yes, from February 2014. Special Interest Groups should book directly with the Castle:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07880 006131 / The Tour Manager, Longford Castle, Salisbury, SP5 4ED
The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN