Develop your enjoyment, confidence and skill in looking at and responding to paintings, and facilitate pupils to do the same. Interactive sessions in the Gallery focus on teaching strategies and questioning skills to support pupils in making connections within, between and beyond the paintings.
- Half day (180 minutes): £375
- Sessions are free for trainee teachers
Group size: maximum 25
A National Gallery InSET tailored to your school will:
- Provide teaching strategies you can use the next day to ignite imagination and boost engagement
- Raise your confidence in enabling pupils to look and respond critically and creatively
- Deepen understanding of the power of paintings to promote learning
Choose from the following focus sessions:
- Literacy – use paintings as a creative context for stimulating literacy across the curriculum
- Sketchbook skills – build a repertoire of techniques and explore ways in which a sketchbook can be used as a tool for cross-curricular learning
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development (SMSC) – using paintings from the National Gallery Collection as a stimulus, you will explore elements of SMSC development using techniques inspired by the Philosophy for Children pedagogy.
To discuss your requirements and to make a booking, contact us on 020 7747 2488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.