Inspiration Through InSET
Making Old Masters New
We would be delighted to arrange InSET exclusively for your staff, whether you are planning a cross-curricular project or want to enhance your use of National Gallery paintings to enrich learning in a single subject.
All of the sessions are designed to empower participants to make the most of the National Gallery’s collection both inside and outside the classroom.
Develop your enjoyment, confidence and skill in looking at and responding to paintings, and facilitate pupils to do the same. Interactive sessions in the Gallery focus on teaching strategies and questioning skills to support pupils in making connections within, between and beyond the paintings.
- 60 minutes: £175
- 90 minutes: £250
Group size: maximum 25
Whole day InSET
A National Gallery InSET tailored to your school will:
- Provide teaching strategies you can use the next day to ignite imagination and boost engagement
- Raise your confidence in enabling pupils to look and respond critically and creatively
- Deepen understanding of the power of paintings to promote learning
Choose from the following focus sessions or request your own:
- Literacy – use paintings as a creative context for stimulating literacy across the curriculum
- Sketchbook skills – build a repertoire of sketchbook techniques to support looking at and responding to Old Master paintings
- Cross-curricular – develop meaningful cross-curricular connections from lines of enquiry stimulated by a painting
- Modern foreign languages – use paintings to inspire creativity and imagination in MFL teaching
- Questioning techniques - develop visual literacy, dialogue and higher-order thinking
Cost and Timings
- £50 per person, minimum of 10 participants including refreshments, relevant resources and a National Gallery companion guide for the school
- Sessions can start between 10.00-11.00 and finish by 16.00
To discuss your requirements and to make a booking, contact us on 020 7747 5890 or email email@example.com.