Inspiration Through InSET
Inspire creative teaching through Old Master paintings
We would be delighted to arrange InSET exclusively for your staff, whether you are planning a cross-curricular project or want to enhance your use of National Gallery paintings to enrich learning in a single subject.
All of the sessions are designed to empower participants to make the most of the National Gallery’s collection both inside and outside the classroom.
Develop your enjoyment, confidence and skill in looking at and responding to paintings, and facilitate pupils to do the same. Interactive sessions in the Gallery focus on teaching strategies and questioning skills to support pupils in making connections within, between and beyond the paintings.
- 120 minutes: £250
- Half day (180 minutes): £375
Group size: maximum 25
A National Gallery InSET tailored to your school will:
- Provide teaching strategies you can use the next day to ignite imagination and boost engagement
- Raise your confidence in enabling pupils to look and respond critically and creatively
- Deepen understanding of the power of paintings to promote learning
Choose from the following focus sessions or request your own:
- Literacy – use paintings as a creative context for stimulating literacy across the curriculum
- Sketchbook skills – build a repertoire of sketchbook techniques
- Cross-curricular – develop meaningful cross-curricular connections from lines of enquiry stimulated by a painting
- Modern foreign languages – use paintings to inspire creativity and imagination in MFL teaching
- Questioning techniques – develop visual literacy, dialogue and higher-order thinking
To discuss your requirements and to make a booking, contact us on 020 7747 2488 or email email@example.com.