Master of the Female Half-Lengths

  • Share this page

active second quarter of the 16th century
The so-called Master of the Female Half-Lengths is named after a painting of 'A Concert of Three Female Figures' (Austria, Harrach collection). He was the author or overseer of a large group of works. The studio was perhaps in Antwerp and had close connections with Patinir, though the style is more related to that of Benson and Ysenbrant. None of his paintings are dated.

Related paintings

A Female Head
Master of the Female Half-Lengths
about 1540
A Female Head
Saint John on Patmos
Master of the Female Half-Lengths
about 1540
Saint John on Patmos
The Rest on the Flight into Egypt
Master of the Female Half-Lengths
about 1540
The Rest on the Flight into Egypt
Saint Christopher carrying the Infant Christ
Workshop of the Master of the Female Half-Lengths
possibly about 1540
Saint Christopher carrying the Infant Christ