Francesco di Giorgio
Francesco di Giorgio is first recorded as active in 1464. From 1477 at the latest he was in the service of the Duke of Urbino, where he stayed for some years. Apart from this, he was active chiefly in Siena, but also in Naples and elsewhere in Italy. He was best known as a sculptor, architect and engineer.