Search the Archive
Search the National Gallery Archive containing records of the Gallery's activities from its foundation in 1824 to the present day. Find out more about the National Gallery Archive.
|Archive reference number||NGA27/28/5|
Pictures of the Agnew Galleries
A folder containing black & white and colour photographs, transparencies, and copies of drawings and engravings of Galleries (interiors and exteriors) owned or rented by Thos. Agnew & Sons, including:
- 94 Market Street, Manchester (residence 1813-1826)
- 10 Exchange Street Gallery, Manchester (residence 1826-1932)
- The Exchange Art Galleries, Dale Street, Liverpool (residence 1878-1909)
- 43 Old Bond Street, London, formerly numbered 39 (residence 1876-2008)
The following exhibitions and fairs are also featured:
- Agnew Stand at the Antique Dealer's Fair (1954, 1956)
- Old Master Drawings, Watercolours and Prints Exhibition, in conjunction with Robert M. Light Inc. and David Tnick Inc., in Realities Gallery, Melbourne (1976)
- David Wynne Exhibition (1983)
- "Heroic Age" Exhibition (1984)
- "Treasures of Fyvie" Loan Exhibition from the Scottish National Trust (1986)
- "Images of Victorian Life" Exhibition (1990)
- Barbizon Exhibition (1992)
Finally, assorted correspondence, press cuttings, directory lists, and advertisements for the firm can be found in this folder.
Your list will only be saved temporarily. Inactivity of more than an hour could result in the loss of your list. If you would like to keep a record of your list, we suggest you email it to yourself.
Your list of records will be sent to us if you request an appointment, and a summary will be included in your appointment email notification.