Search the Archive
Search the National Gallery Archive containing records of the Gallery's activities from its foundation in 1824 to the present day. Find out more about the National Gallery Archive.
|Archive reference number||NGA27/24/16|
Sir Geoffrey Agnew Broadcasts
Unsorted press cuttings, articles, and drafts of Sir Geoffrey Agnew's Broadcasts for the BBC "The Listener: Painting of the Month" series, including the following:
- Titan's 'Tarquin and Lucretia' by Geoffrey Agnew, The Listener: Painting of the Month, 12 Nov 1964 (recording 28 Oct 1964,), 1 folder
- Poussin's 'Et in Arcadia Ego' by Geoffrey Agnew, The Listener: Painting of the Month, 17 Aug 1961 (recording 31 Jul , recording 21 Jun 1969), 1 folder
- Velazquez's 'The Water Carrier' by Geoffrey Agnew, The Listener: Painting of the Month, 13 Oct 1960 (recording 29 Sep 1960, recording 21 Jun 1969), 1 folder
- "Pictures in Britain: Twenty-four paintings with text by Nicholas Usherwood", British Broadcasting Corporation (1969), including Geoffrey Agnew's "The Water Carrier" by Velasquez and "Et in Arcadia Ego" by Nicholas Poussin, 1 volume
- "Painting of the Month, 1964", British Broadcasting Corporation (1963), including Geoffrey Agnew's "Rembrandt: Self-portrait", "Tarquin and Lucretia" by Titian, and "Ballet Scene from Meyerbeer's 'Roberto Il Diavolo'" by Degas, 1 volume
- "Painting of the Month" - three BBC booklets containing colour or black & white reproductions of each painting between Jan-Dec 1961 (excluding Aug), Jan-Dec 1960 (excluding Oct), and Jan-Dec 1962
Your list will only be saved temporarily. Inactivity of more than an hour could result in the loss of your list. If you would like to keep a record of your list, we suggest you email it to yourself.
Your list of records will be sent to us if you request an appointment, and a summary will be included in your appointment email notification.