Search the Archive
Search the National Gallery Archive containing records of the Gallery's activities from its foundation in 1824 to the present day. Find out more about the National Gallery Archive.
|Archive reference number||NGA11/1/2|
Some remarks in reference to the Condition in which some of the Pictures are in at the National Gallery
|Date||23 May 1849|
Notes on the condition of the following paintings:
(109) The Watering Place by Gainsborough
(80) The Market Cart by Gainsborough
(108) The Ruins of the Villa of Maecenas by Wilson
(110) Destruction of Niobe's Children by Wilson
(119) Landscape, with Jaques and the Wounded Stag by Sir G Beaumont
(78) The Holy Family by Sir Joshua Reynolds
(79) The Three Graces by Sir Joshua Reynolds
(111) Portrait of Lord Heathfield by Sir J Reynolds
(162) The Infant Samuel by Sir J Reynolds
Bolton referred to this list in the evidence he gave before the Select Committee
|Paintings referenced in this record||NG78A, NG79, NG80, NG108, NG109, NG110, NG111, NG119, NG162|
Your list will only be saved temporarily. Inactivity of more than an hour could result in the loss of your list. If you would like to keep a record of your list, we suggest you email it to yourself.
Your list of records will be sent to us if you request an appointment, and a summary will be included in your appointment email notification.