Search the Archive
Search the National Gallery Archive containing records of the Gallery's activities from its foundation in 1824 to the present day. Find out more about the National Gallery Archive.
|Archive reference number||NG25/38|
Board of Trustees' papers
1. Acquisition of Mattia Pretti 'The Marriage at Cana' (NG6372);
2. Sale of Rubens 'Daniel in the Lion's Den';
3. Publicity surrounding the planting of a fake Old Master painting in the Reserve Collection;
4. Potential acquisition of Cuyp 'The Castle of Valkenhof' and Hubert van Eyck 'St George';
5. Extended opening hours;
6. Examination reports on NG278, NG769, NG3898, NG4491, NG4492, NG883, NG665, NG298, NG829, NG3943, NG221, NG683, NG1162, NG2129
7. Potential acquisition of Bril 'Landscape: Satyrs in a Wood before a Lake';
8. Potential acquisition of Mor 'Portrait of William the Silent';
9. Potential acquisition of Titian 'An Allegory of Prudence' (NG6376);
10. Copying of pictures in the Gallery;
11. Acquisition of Campin 'Male Portrait' (NG6377);
12. Acceptance in lieu procedures;
13. The Labelling of Pictures;
14. Aid to Italian art treasures.
|Paintings referenced in this record||NG6372, NG278, NG769, NG3898, NG4491, NG4492, NG883, NG665, NG298, NG829, NG3943, NG221, NG683, NG1162, NG2129, NG6376, NG6377|
Your list will only be saved temporarily. Inactivity of more than an hour could result in the loss of your list. If you would like to keep a record of your list, we suggest you email it to yourself.
Your list of records will be sent to us if you request an appointment, and a summary will be included in your appointment email notification.