Meeting held Thursday 2 October 2008
Mark Getty (Chairman)
Professor David Ekserdjian
Professor Dame Julia Higgins
Professor Mervyn King
Dr Nicholas Penny (Director)
Martin Wyld (Director of Conservation)
Kate Howe (Secretary to the Board)
David Jaffé (Senior Curator) for item 1
Dawson Carr (Curator of Italian and Spanish1600-1800) for item 1
Larry Keith (Restorer) for item 1
Paul Ackroyd (Restorer) for item 1
Bruce Minty (Director of Resources) for items 3 and 4
Jane Ellis (Deputy Head of Finance) for items 3 and 4
Sarah Ward (Head of Development) for items 3 and 4
Pictures for treatment
1. The Board saw, following completion of treatment, 'The Adoration of the Shepherds' by Guido Reni (NG 6270) and agreed that it was ready to go back on display.
The Board saw in the course of treatment 'Christ healing the Paralytic at the Pool of Bethesba' by Bartolomé Esteban Murillo (NG5931) which had been fully cleaned prior to restoration.
The Board approved the treatment proposed for 'View of the Venetian Lagoon with the Tower of Malghera' by Francesco Guardi (NG 2524).
Minutes of the last meeting and matters arising
3. The Board approved the minutes of the meeting held on 5 September 2008. They were later signed by the Chairman.
Proposed acquisitions - Bridgewater Titians
4. Information has been excluded under s 43 FOI 2000
5. The Board noted the report on picture movements.
Any other business
6. The Board were shown designs and drawings for a proposed outside café which Peyton and Byrne were proposing to submit shortly to Westminster council. The Board confirmed their support of the proposal.
Copies of previous Board minutes can be obtained from the Libraries and Archive department.
Confidential and sensitive information has been excluded from these published minutes in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000