From exhibitions to acquisitions, keep up-to-date with the latest website updates and news from around the Gallery.
- Press releaseNational Gallery and Art Fund curatorial traineeships programme continues to foster new curatorial talentThe National Gallery and Art Fund launch two new curatorial traineeships in partnership with Birmingham Museums Trust and York Art Gallery
- The National Gallery assists the Ferens Art Gallery in Hull with the acquisition of a rare early Renaissance painting by Pietro Lorenzetti.
- Explore the latest research from the National Gallery into the original methods and materials used by Vermeer, as well as how these materials have changed over time to give the paintings their present appearance.
- Use this interactive feature to explore how paintings of saints in the Collection inspired contemporary artist Michael Landy to create his sculptures for 'Saints Alive'.
- The National Gallery is pleased to announce the acquisition of the oil sketch Â‘Allegory of the Continent of AsiaÂ’ by Franz Anton Maulbertsch (1724-1796), which is the first work from this Austrian artist to enter the Collection.
The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN